Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Welcome to my blog, and to my thoughts!

Greetings!

This post will, I hope, be the first of MANY posts that deal with my life, travels, and endless fascinations with trenchless technology and engineering geology.

What, first, you ask, is trenchless technology?

It is the installation, upgrade, or renewal of underground utility product pipe by means that don't primarily involve the use of a trench. Big deal, you say. Yep, sure is. Telephone cables coast to coast are installed in this manner. Electrical cables can be installed this way....no more need for the telephone poles that dot the landscape. Natural gas, sewer, water, cable TV....ALL can be installed like this. Important? Yep. Means that people don't have to get into a trench to weld or connect pipe. People die every year in trench collapses. It's no joke.

Not every job needs trenchless installation, and it does cost a little more....but it's rapidly becoming competitive with trenched and above-ground methods. More on trenchless technology in later posts.

Engineering geology is what I do to make my meager living. I work in Missouri, the state that has the lowest-paid state employees on average in the United States. And I'm a state employee. Why do I still work here and not in the private sector?

Pride.

Love of what I do.....I'm allowed a lot of leeway to get the job done, and I travel all over the place inside and outside of Missouri.

Travel....Whoops, I said that already.

Quality of life.....there's another issue to cover in the future.

I hope you enjoy your visit here. Come back again anytime, and share your thoughts and comments with me. I'll try to read 'em all..........

Until next time,

Trenchless Geologist

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Tigre said...

I hope you do well with your first blog, and remember that the trick is updating it when you can.

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Wuhan Yichao Technology Equipment Co., Ltd said...

Thanks for this great post... I was looking forward to get such a post which is very helpful to us. Keep it up. . Wuhan Yichao Technology Equipment Co., Ltd sells XCMG series
hdd rig
horizontal drilling rig
horizontal drilling machine
directional drilling machine manufacturer
directional drilling equipment manufacturer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home